Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stepping into the unknown


This past Thursday we got some of the best news we've had; we can officially say we've completed the chemotherapy chapter! 





To say this is a relief would be putting it mildly. I am beside myself with appreciation. I know all of those prayers I have said... and all those of anyone else who has been praying for me have most certainly been heard. The Father has blessed me with an ending to this part of my treatment. And by his loving grace, I am now preparing for the next chapter of this journey.  :)

I don't need to see my oncologist for 2 months now, which should all go according to plan, be a post-op appointment. Here is the other news we learned from seeing him Thursday -- I'm doing well. After an exam, he felt no trace of the original tumor. He also said my axillary lymph nodes felt normal. My surgery will definitely be in September. He's in touch with my surgeon, so I'll take his word for it. Dr. Wagner also said he doesn't believe I'll need radiation. He said he couldn't give me an absolute on that, but he thinks it's unlikely. All fabulously positive music to my ears!

I was also cleared to return to work. I went on Monday to speak with my boss, giving him an update and notice of my possible return. It may seem silly to go back for a few weeks, but if I can, I'd love to. While I love having all the time in the world to sit on my butt and play World of Warcraft, etc. it does get dull after a while. :P  Haha. (If the expansion was already out, that might be another story... lol!)

Actually, it has really been a great week for me! Aside from being told I have graduated from chemotherapy, we had a very very special surprise on Wednesday. My MIL Karen and Grandma Marilyn (Jason's stepmommy Karen and his Grandma) showed up on our doorstep!! Bear in mind, they moved to Washington earlier in the year, so we hadn't seem them in ages... it was SO sweet and unexpected! Made me tear up. We've missed them so much, and for them to fly out here just so we can get some hugs and love from them? A-maz-ing. Love those ladies!!!

Our weekend will be packed with more precious time spent with more family too! Tomorrow we're going to see my Mom and Dad. Spend some time at their place hanging out with them, along with some bonus time visiting my kitty cat. Miss that adorable gato too! Sunday we're going to a get together with hubby's Mommy's side. I'm looking forward to all of it. These sorts of gatherings are all the more appreciated by me now. Each minute with family should be spent creating a memory. So here's to some happy and fun new ones that  I'm hoping to create this weekend! ;)

Jason and I are both far more relaxed since we got my no-more-chemo news. It's that sorely needed moment to exhale. We've been trying to make sure we enjoy all of our time spent with one another. My favorite time spent with him is when we're just being dorky and silly. Playing video games together, making up songs and singing them at ridiculously random times and tickle fights. I haven't said it in a while, but I'm always thinking it; I kind of love my husband! I'm grateful to have him alongside me throughout this. Not that it's always been easy for either of us, but we'll make it through this... and we will do it together. 

Our relationship has a solid foundation build on our Lord, our love and His love. That's only the winningest combination ever, so we're good. Haha.

As for what's next, it's still somewhat of a question mark. I had some tests ordered. An ultrasound and a mammogram. That occurs next Friday morning. I called and got my appointment with my surgeon set up too. That will be Thursday. My oncologist spoke with my surgeon today, and apparently Dr. Kushner also wants me to get another MRI. Gotta wait for the order to go through on that before I get that set up. Once I've had all my tests and initial appointments, I'll be doing more waiting. I'm hopeful, as I always am, that seeing Dr. Kushner will yield me with a surgery date finally. That's probably wishful thinking on my part. Lol

 Well, that about does it! I shall fill you all in as we get closer to knowing anything worth sharing again. Thank you all for reading, and God bless you.




"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding"  Proverbs 3:5



3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're done with chemo!!! It is going to be smooth sailing from here on out I can just feel it! And how sweet of your MIL and Grandma to come for a surprise visit. <3

    Keep me posted on everything and if you're ever bored and want to chat/email/skype/whatever let me know! Adam and I think of you and Jason often. I'm so glad you're finally getting some good news!

    Don't forget that you're an inspiration to a great many people Ms. Anj! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I was FINALLY able to listen to one of your posted songs....and this ONE is SO BEAUTIFUL just like you
    dearest daughter. You are a gift we are not worthy of as parents. Love you so much and HE will honor you and your faith! SO PROUD...SO VERY PROUD>>>

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such incredible news my friend! BIG VIRTUAL HUGS to you!!! :)
    XO
    Ally

    ReplyDelete