Friday, August 3, 2012

This battle will be won

Getting so close to the end of the chemo finish line now! After yesterday's treatment, I have 3 remaining. Hooray! Also, I scheduled my follow up appointment with my oncologist for a week after my final treatment. I feel better having that lined up because that gives us a good starting point for finding out my next post-chemo steps this time.


Chemo #13 - 9/12 of Taxol. Hubby lending some fingers again.

I was so disillusioned last time by first getting news I was finished with chemotherapy only to be thrown into a longer treatment plan, that I'm wary of saying I'll be finished finished with it soon. But I like to think I will be! Haha. Like, officially and entirely finished with it. You know, being finished with chemo for the rest of my lifetime would be swell, but even if it's just for now... I'll be pleased as punch (Lol, where does that saying even come from? Is punch really that pleased?). I'm pretty sure that my husband appreciates the thought of this chemo stuff being done with soon too. ;)

By the time I have that follow up with my doctor, it will have been nearly 5 months of chemotherapy. I can't believe there are people who have to do it nonstop for something like 15 or 18 months. Poor souls. My heart goes out to them. The physical toll it takes on one is enough on its own, add in the mental/emotional strain and it's just stupidly hard.

But, thank the Lord, I have only three more in my foreseeable future! An end in sight is a mighty beautiful one at that. :) And I'm ecstatic to have my fighting spirit back. I needs it!

I'm only going to have to be a shut in for several more weeks. I miss having a normal immune system! Haha. I asked for my labs yesterday, and my WBC was at 2.6.  Of course I realize my WBC will probably decline some more by the last infusion, but I'll be free to take vitamins and stuff to boost it back up I believe?

Well, ladies and gents, that's all I have for now!  Have a beautiful and most blessed weekend and a wonderful week to follow.






"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."  Psalm 62:8




2 comments:

  1. woot woot!! Only three more to go!!! This is going to be a breeze for you! Keep that fighting spirit up sweetie!

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete