Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Trying to hear above the noise

Happy (belated) 2014 to you blog-readers of mine! Hoping your new year has been filled with nothing but beautiful moments thus far!

I felt compelled to finally quit procrastinating and update this little ol' blog as today happens to be World Cancer Day. A day dedicated to debunking myths regarding cancer, as well as raising awareness.

Since last I posted... I went ahead and got my hair cut. I now have a fashionable pixie style that appears MOSTLY straight. Chemo curls were pretty well eradicated when I lost the extra hair length.


Good riddance, chemo curls!
I went and saw the cardiologist. Apparently some wires got crossed and I didn't receive an echocardio that day, but I did have an EKG done. Looked fine. My heart rate is still crazy high, around 115bpm, and the cardiologist suspected I might have hyperthyroidism. I got blood work done for it, and never heard back. So that's still a mystery that requires further investigation.

It restricts my lifestyle though. I get winded super easily since my heart is already beating so quickly, when it elevates due to exertion, I feel like I might pass out. :( So, I definitely need to find out what that's all about.

I finally made my appointment to see about having my port removed! Unfortunately it will be on Valentines Day. lol But ah well! I'm all about getting that sucker removed sooner than later. One less time I might have to get a needle shoved in there for my every-three-months port flush would be fabulous. It gets more painful each time, so no thank you.

And most importantly, I made the decision to give up on fighting my health insurance/HMO group regarding my cosmetic surgeon. It's an uphill battle that I would not be able to win easily. Aside from that, it must be happening this way for a reason. Again I've put my faith in the Lord, and spoke to my nurse navigator again, and she recommended a plastic surgeon that's been used by several ladies in the support group she runs.

My appointment with the new cosmetic surgeon is this Thursday afternoon. AH! Which reminds me! I had to pull some strings when I wanted to make that appointment too! Apparently my HMO needed me to get a recommendation from one of my doctors to see this surgeon. So I call my primary care, and guess what? Yeah, she's no longer at that office anymore. Never heard a word about it.

It wasn't even like she moved to another local office. She moved her practice to like, many cities away from here. Thankfully they got another doctor at that office to approve my referral. Phew. So, I still need to see about getting a new PCP now as well. If it's not one thing, it's another. Lol :)

Anyhow, I meet my new surgeon on Thursday. Lord willing, he'll be kind and confident he can fix my chestual region. :P

Unrelated to cancer prevention upkeep and post cancer maintenance, I found out from my dentist that I have a pretty severe cross bite and I will likely be getting braces in the near future.




Thanks to technological advances in dentistry, there are much more discrete options for adults. So I won't necessarily look like Darla from Finding Nemo. Hopefully. I may still think I'm a piranha though. No promises. ;3

Other than what I've been blabbing about, I'm just trying to continue to cherish each day. Some days are much trickier than cherish than others, I'll have you know. But Jason and Michonne-kitty make it worthwhile for me always. Even if everything else sucks, I have them to come home to, to love me and spend time with.



And that's that for now! Wishing you all the grandest of weeks!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."    Psalm 18:1-2




2 comments:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete