Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finding strength in weakness

Beginning to feel human again. I can only safely assume that, Lord willing, my side effects from chemo have been very tolerable. I won't even begin to tell you it's a fun experience, because it's not. But I think I'm blessed to get off as well as I have.

It's like having an icky, achy-all-over type of flu for 3 or 4 days.  I had a lot of anxiety accompanying it too, which didn't help matters much. But next round, I'll know what to be prepared for. Make sure to fit in some daily gentle yoga and evening relaxation focused baths. My nerves + being in a constant state of uncomfortable + being shut in for days on end = no bueno.

God bless my husband. He really has been my angel through this mess so far. Without him taking care of me,  I don't know how I would have managed. I was so weak and helpless. Each time I think I can't appreciate him an ounce more than I already do, he surprises me. He must seriously love me to put up with all this, that's all I can say. :)

So I still have crazy dry mouth, can't taste all that much, and some hot flashes. However, as unpleasant as it's been, allow me to share some happy news! Ready?? My lump is ALREADY smaller! Talk about miraculous!

Tomorrow I will try to return to work and see how I fair. A bit nervous about my stamina, but it's a short shift. I also need to stop and get my blood work done to see how my blood count is doing. I think it will do me some good if I can try to live my life as normally as I can if only for a week or so until round 2.

Lessons so far? Chemo sucks, yes, but that stuff works! Know what works but doesn't suck though? Prayers! :D Which, by the way, I am SO so looking forward to being able to get to church. I have some thanking to do.

Apologies for a brief and flighty post today. Just wanted to let those of you still reading that I'm alive and have made it through okay! Thank you once again for the prayers and love. I'm not quite sure I am worthy of it, but I'm ever so appreciative.



 "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."  Deuteronomy 31:6




3 comments:

  1. That's my wife! It's been a rough few days. A lot of the time I felt helpless since there was literally nothing I could do to make you feel better.

    You handled it like a pro, though. Come round 2-4 we'll be better prepared! I think we did pretty well, all things considered.

    Just hang in there a bit longer honey! The lump is WAY smaller than it was before this happened, so progress is being made! Only 3 more to go, then your surgery and then life can get back to normal, albeit with our eyes much more open than they were before!

    Love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an amazing hubby, and i'm so glad you found eachother. It's awesome to know that so many people are praying for you, including me and my family by the way. i'm glad that your lump is getting smaller already! kick cancers ass anj!

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again this unknown person is shalysa. by the way.

    ReplyDelete